Engagement is key in social media. A great way to keep the public engaged in social media is for them to interact with your photographs. This is one thing that Facebook does really well for personal pages and something your ‘fans’ will be comfortable with. Unfortunately, the ability for fans to tag photos on your Fire Department Facebook page is not allowed by default.
After several attempts to find the option to allow fans to tag photos, I finally found where it was buried on the “new” Facebook. If you’d like your FD Facebook page to have this option (which I would hope you would if you want to be successful), follow the directions below.
- Click on “Edit Page” in the top right corner of your FD Fan Page.
- Along the left side of your screen, click on “Apps.”
- In the center of your screen, find the heading labeled “Photos.”
- Under photos, click “Go to App.”
- Select the radio button next to “Allow all fans to tag photos.”
Voila! You’ve now enabled your fans to become engaged by tagging themselves and friends on your page. Congratulations!