As expected, Curt Varone at Fire Law posted his insights on the recent settlement between AMR and Dawnmarie Souza. Mr. Varone covers the settlement from a legal perspective for Fire Chiefs and administrators. Mr. Varone agrees that it may have been most beneficial for departments across the country for this case to have been decided by the courts rather than a settlement. The current agreement leaves many issues regarding social media and employment unanswered. To get the fire service legal perspective, check out Fire Law’s post.
- Of all the essential elements of a profession, data analysis is one of the fire service’s weakest twitter.com/DougBledsoe/st… 1 year ago
- Until you’ve seen them play w/ little kids to distract from the sister’s body in the living room you don’t know what #firefighters are about 2 years ago
- It’s difficult to see how the fire service will ever fully professionalize when all national efforts include forced inclusion of hobbyists 2 years ago
- RT @DougBledsoe: Climbing for Fire Patrolman Keith Roma: crowdrise.com/344-Climbingfo… 2 years ago
- Police and neighbors “confirm” everyone is out of burning house. Except, whoops, the two kids unconscious inside firehouse.com/news/12102728/… 2 years ago