This post from Art Goodrich pretty much hits the nail on the head. The fire service needs to avail itself of all the various media and distribute a unified, consistent message. Most of us would be surprised at how little the public knows, understands, or cares about what we do. Take some time to read what Chief Goodrich wrote and then think about what you can do in your area.
- Of all the essential elements of a profession, data analysis is one of the fire service’s weakest twitter.com/DougBledsoe/st… 1 year ago
- Until you’ve seen them play w/ little kids to distract from the sister’s body in the living room you don’t know what #firefighters are about 2 years ago
- It’s difficult to see how the fire service will ever fully professionalize when all national efforts include forced inclusion of hobbyists 2 years ago
- RT @DougBledsoe: Climbing for Fire Patrolman Keith Roma: crowdrise.com/344-Climbingfo… 2 years ago
- Police and neighbors “confirm” everyone is out of burning house. Except, whoops, the two kids unconscious inside firehouse.com/news/12102728/… 2 years ago